Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Geek Rock



As this page suggested, me is the person who appreciates music very much...but lately, after carefully considering many trustworthy and reliable music sources...I found that part of my taste in music is categorized as "Geek Rock"...Heck!

Why are they categorized as "geek"? I mean, yes I like Weezer very much...and Rivers (the frontman of Weezer) is a lovable guy. You know, he's a very talented musician, he makes many great compositions (the Blue Album is indeed the strong evidence of it), and he's a Harvard graduate....with a straight-A-student reputation. Is he geek? I think he's a genius,hehe...

and I also like Ozma, the band from Pasadena, CA. Their songs are really meaningful and strong in lyrics, I think. I also like The Strokes, White Stripes, and other "geek" rockers.

But I don't get it why they are categorized as "geek".
Is it because their often-off-the-key notes on their songs? But, hey, it's not coincidence. That's just EXACTLY how they perform the keys.

Is it because their lyrics is not as "flirt" as it should be? But, hey, they don't need to blabbing the words of love all around...think about their lyrics for a while, then you'll be surprised how the simple truth could reveal such deep revelations.

or...is it simply because they are overly unconventionally smart so that it's hard for many people (me also, because sometimes it took me months to understand the meaning of their songs, musically and wordy) to just get them?

but....whatever....Geek Rock for life! Rock on! \m/




No comments: